Similar to how we followed the 4C concept rumors, I’ll here try to follow the rumors surrounding the production version of the Alfa 4C.
- 2012-08-02 AutomotiveNewsEurope - Fiat declines to give clues on new investments “Fiat also confirmed that preparatory work to produce a new Alfa Romeo model — the 4C – at its factory in Modena was under way.“
- Alfa Romeo 4C Concept is now available as a nice 1:43 model
- 2012-06-11 – AutoEdizione (Alfa Romeo 4C powered by 1750 TBI with 296 hp) “The new Alfa Romeo 4C will use the 1750 cylinder block, with an impressive 296 hp. The cars total weight will be 850 kg. Alfa Romeo follows a tight schedule till the production version of the RWD, mid-engine, 4C is ready. We now know that the ‘Biscione’ sports car will be introduced exactly one year from now to the American public.“
2012-05-29 – Top Gear (Alfa Romeo 4C wins design award) “It’s official: the Alfa Romeo 4C is disturbingly, disarmingly pretty.
The mid-engined coupe was entered into this year’s Concorso d’Eleganza at Villa d’Este to take part in a design content for ‘concept cars and prototypes’. And following an adjudication on the sumptuous, glorious banks of Lake Como in northern Italy, by public referendum, the 4C was declared the winner.“
- 2012-02-15 – Auto Edizione (Alfa Romeo 4C with adjusted TCT transmission in 2012). Slightly confusing headline, and the article doesn’t add much about the 4C that wasn’t included in the post below. It does however talk about a new Alfa Spider, called 6C, and a coupe version of this (GT 6C), the SUV (Kamal?), the Gulia and a possible Giulietta SportWagon and successor to the 166.
- 2012-01-20 -Auto Edizione (Road version Alfa Romeo 4C will be introduced in Paris). Reports that Alfa Romeo will launch the 4C road version in Paris the 29th of September. They speculate that there’ll be more than one power step up to the 300 BHP GTA version.